Your cart is currently empty.
| ’blō,out |
- The act or instance of blow-drying hair, includes wash and style.
- Happiness, confidence and relaxation for about 45 minutes.
- The best and easiest gift you can give your wife, girlfriend, sister or mom.
What (tf) is a Blowout?
You might've heard of the term from a family member, friend or coworker - but do you know what it actually is? Blowout hair treatments have been around for decades, but the definition of a blowout has evolved with the rise of blow dry bars and varies depending upon the salon. In its simplest form, a blowout is the art of drying hair after a wash to achieve a smooth and sleek look, style and feel -- no curling or flat iron involved!
So, What is a Blow Dry Bar?
A blow dry bar is a hair salon that provides exclusively blowouts, which includes a wash, blow dry and hair styling – no cut, no color! But at Drybar, we’re much more than that. We’re an experience. Our blowouts provide you 45 minutes of relaxation, beautification, and happiness! Get together with your besties before the party starts and get pampered while enjoying complimentary drinks when you choose our private events. We also offer additional services, such as a 10-minute scalp massage or deep conditioning hair mask to further nourish your hair and relax your mind.
How Does a Blowout Work?
We've revolutionized the traditional blowout, offering 8 unique styles, from old Hollywood waves to sleek, city-inspired hair, to get the look you want.
Here are the 7 basic steps to delivering our signature blowouts:
- We'll prep your hair with an intense shampoo and conditioning wash
- After your hair is cleaned, we'll towel dry it to get rid of any excess moisture
- We then apply some product to condition and detangle the hair before the blowout
- Next, we section the hair using our Hold Me hair clips to separate strands without leaving dents
- Then with our signature blow dryer and round ceramic brushes, we use controlled techniques to minimize frizz and get the style of your choice
- One of our last steps is the “cool shot” to set your hair, locking in style and shine
- Finally, we use our high-quality hair products to add finishing touches, such as soft dimension and texture
Since a blow dryer will never get as hot as ironing tools, we achieve the style you want without risking damage to your hair. If you’re interested in learning how to do a blowout yourself, see our step-by-step DIY blowout video to get Drybar’s signature style at home.
How Long Does a Blowout Last?
A blowout is designed to last - and it can hold its shape anywhere from 3 to 5 days, depending on the texture and thickness of your hair. If you decide to start treating yourself to blowouts regularly, your hair may start to adapt to the shape and style, making it last a little bit longer each time. We also recommend hairstyle tips and offer products, such as dry shampoo and conditioner, to help absorb oils, clean your hair and extend your blowout in between services.
When to Get a Blowout?
Whenever you want! We are committed to making our clients feel like a million bucks, no matter what day of the week. Depending on your hair texture – especially thick, curly or frizzy hair types – you may find that getting a blowout regularly is much easier than doing it yourself.
Whether you're simply meeting up with friends or attending a wedding, come into any of our Drybar locations and come out feeling like your best self.
I purchased a blowout from Drybar for my wife and she went bonkers.
Synonyms: pleasure, contentment, joy, delight, cheerfulness, glee, good spirits, happy, enjoyment, heaven