Your cart is currently empty.
How To Use a Flat Iron
How to get the most out of your flat iron
How to Straighten Your Hair
A lot of people use flat irons, but few use them correctly. Here are some flat iron tips and tricks from Alli Webb, the founder of Drybar.
How to Use a Flat Iron (The Tress Press) to Get the Most Out of It
- Section off the front of your hair. Comb through your hair with a detangling brush to make sure that your hair is completely tangle-free.
- Work in small, one to two inch sections and flat iron manageable sections.
- If you have a lot of curl close to your root, make sure to get the flat iron very close to your scalp for an even texture all the way down the hair shaft. But, if you don’t have a lot of curl at the root, then you don’t have to get too close.
- Use your fingers to smooth out each section after you've flat ironed it. This can help add a little shape while the hair is still warm.
- Add a clip to set your part while your hair cools and repeat all over your head.
- Slightly bevel the ends so they look sealed and not broken. Go through all the way to the ends on each pass.
- Spray a little Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray to seal in the style, and you're good to go!