Your cart is currently empty.
Blowout Tips For Thick Hair
Tips & Tricks for thick hair
How To Blowout and Style Thick Hair
Thick hair is beautiful, but it can be tough to take care of. Alli Webb, founder of Drybar, will go over blowout tips & tricks for thick hair that will help you tame your mane.
- Before you start your blowout, apply Mr. Incredible Leave-In Conditioner to clean and damp hair. This will make your hair soft and sleek!
- Comb through your hair with the Super Lemon Drop Detangler Brush, then section your hair from ear to ear.
- Starting with the front of the hair, use the Full Pint Medium Round Ceramic Brush and use a lot of tension while drying the hair. Hold the brush horizontally to set in big volume, always making sure that the length of the hair doesn't exceed the size of the brush.
- Twist the brush while applying heat to create the swoop of the bang. Twist the hair with your fingers to help it set.
- Use the brush to grip the hair and get lift at the roots. This will give hair a nice, feathered look!
- Comb the sections together and twist the hair off the brush to maintain the shape of the curl.
- Now move onto the other side! The key to curls is working in small, manageable sections at a time, using lots of tension and repetition. Flipping the hair also creates volume while your hair is still warm.
- Working with vertical sections, continue to pull the hair to create a slight feathered look, setting and twisting the hair outward.
- To add some curl to your blowout, try The 3-Day Bender Digital Curling Iron - but first, re-section the hair once again.
- The 3-Day Bender can be used to accentuate the hair's ends. Use the clamp and rotate the barrel, making sure all the hair is touching. Always try to keep the iron vertical and twist the barrel away from your face.
- The key to great curls when using The 3-Day Bender is working in small, manageable, one to two inch sections.
- You can also use the heat from the iron to straighten out hair frizziness - a great trick for getting sleek, smooth hair!