Your cart is currently empty.
The Mai Tai
Messy, beachy hair!
How to Do the Mai Tai
The Mai Tai is Drybar's signature messy, beachy look. Alli Webb, founder of Drybar, will show you how to achieve this classic look at home!
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Buttercup Blow-dryer
- The 3-Day Bender Digital Curling Iron
- Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Mousse
- Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant
- Full Pint Medium Round Ceramic Brush
- Hold Me Hair Clips
- Super Lemon Drop Detangling Brush
- Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray
- The Chaser Shine Cream
- Super clean hair!
How to Get Beachy Hair
- Prep your hair with Hot Toddy Heat & UV Protectant and Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Mousse. Apply both to the mid-shafts and ends of your hair. Then, brush through with a detangling brush to evenly distribute the products through your hair.
- Section your hair off to start in the front and rough dry to remove extra moisture.
- Use a Full Pint Medium Round Ceramic Brush with lots of tension and your Buttercup Blow-dryer to smooth out your bangs.
- Once your bangs are complete, you’ll want to section off the rest of your hair. Make sure you are working in small, manageable sections about one to two inches in size.
- Hold the brush vertically and curl the hair away from your face. After you release the hair from the brush, give it a moment to set and cool.
- Work your way around the sides of your head to the back, maintaining tension and repeating frequently to ensure that there is no extra moisture. Use a small mirror to check the sections in the back to make sure you didn’t miss anything!
- Once all the sections are dry, use your fingers to tousle the waves.
- For a bit more curl and definition, use The 3-Day Bender Digital Curling Iron, working in one to two inch sections and twisting away from your face. Only hold for a few seconds.
- Combine the Money Maker Flexible Hold Hairspray and The Chaser Shine Cream for extra texture and shine. Apply from the mid-shaft down the ends, twisting small sections as you go.