Your cart is currently empty.
How To Style Fine Hair
Tips & tricks for styling fine hair
Tips & Tricks for Styling Fine or Thin Hair
Styling fine hair can be tough, but Alli Webb, founder of Drybar, has some helpful tips on how to style thin hair.
How to Style Fine Hair
- First off, spray Triple Sec 3-in-1 into damp hair. This will add tons of texture and volume.
- Next, brush through your hair with the Super Lemon Drop Detangling Brush and section hair from ear to ear, so we're only working in the front.
- Start blow drying in front and curl away from your face. Be sure to use plenty of tension as you curl. Roll in and out as you blow in volume.
- Flip your hair and blow dry from underneath. This helps to build volume at your roots. Be sure to roll all the way in and all the way out to maintain the shape of the curl.
- Flip your hair over to the other side of your head to help build volume at your roots.
- Do your best to mirror the hair on the other side, continually drying to small sections and rolling all the way down the hair shaft before twisting out and flipping your hair over your head. As always, use lots of tension and repetition.
- Set your crown horizontally to build volume. Be sure to roll all the way through to the ends. If your arms get tired (which they probably will), just roll the brush all the way down to your roots and give it a little wiggle to lock it in place against your head.
- Now, add some High Tops Self-Grip Rollers. Start at your tips and roll all the way down to your crown. Give it a little wiggle to lock it in place. Spray with a little hairspray to help it set and get maximum volume.
- Another style tip for thin hair that builds volume is to toss your hair over your head and spray in more Triple Sec to build texture and big volume.
Want to Add in Some Curl?
Here’s another style tip for fine hair: add some curl!
- Using The 3-Day Bender Digital Curling Iron, open the clamp, wrap the hair around the barrel and release. The tighter you wrap your hair, the smaller the curl. Repeat this a bunch.
- Give your curls a little tug to loosen them up.
- Try to keep the curling iron vertical. This helps a ton.
- Spray a little more hairspray to help the curls set and that’s all there is to it!
Fine Hair Products from Drybar
Here’s a complete list of the products we use at Drybar for fine hair blowouts!