Your cart is currently empty.
How-To: Detox Dry Shampoo
Bring your blowout back to life with Detox Dry Shampoo
Detox Dry shampoo absorbs oils, adds body, it's great for everyone, and can even help to extend your blowout.
Alli Webb, founder of Drybar, demonstrates how to use Drybar's best-selling dry shampoo, Detox, to absorb oils, add volume to hair and extend any blowout.
Discover a Drybar Best Seller, Detox Dry Shampoo!
Detox Dry Shampoo has been a Drybar best seller in all its different versions. We have the original Detox, Detox Dry Shampoo for Brunettes, Detox Clear Dry Shampoo, Detox Dry Conditioner, and new scents of the original product. Learn why dry shampoo is so important to your hair care routine here.
Why Use Dry Shampoo?
Detox Dry Shampoo prolongs your blowout by absorbing oils, adds lift and body to the hair's roots, and leaves your hair feeling and smelling clean.
How to Use Detox Dry Shampoo
- Spray – Apply Detox Dry Shampoo to dirty or oily hair at the roots. Spray from four to six inches away from your head. Lift a section of your hair and spray Detox Dry Shampoo into your roots. Repeat around your head.
- Blend – Once you've sprayed the dry shampoo onto your roots, use your fingers to blend the white powder formula through your hair.
- Volumize – Then, brush the formula through your hair with a brush that won't flatten your newly-textured and volumized hair. To further work the formula into your hair, you can also use your blow-dryer on a low setting.
How Often Can You Use Detox Dry Shampoo?
Dry shampoo can breathe life back into oily or dirty hair. However, if you use too much or use it for too many days in a row, it can make your hair appear dull. While Detox Dry Shampoo can prolong a blowout, make sure to still wash your hair as needed.
Tips for How NOT to Apply Dry Shampoo
- Don't spray too close to your head. Make sure to hold the can four to six inches away from your roots when spraying.
- Don't forget to blend the dry shampoo in. Working the formula into your hair will increase texture and volume, while also distributing the white powder that can stand out starkly against your hair color.
- Don't use the wrong color. If the original Detox Dry Shampoo powder formula is too light for your hair color, try Detox for Brunettes to help the dry shampoo match your roots.